Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mizuno Wave Sayanora Test Shoes

I was lucky enough to be chosen for the Mizuno Wave Sayanora Share Testing.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.  Well after running in the Sayanora's, I will disagree with the previous statement.

I received my box, and opened them with great anticipation.  Upon opening the box and investigating the shoes for a few moments I had some initial concerns. Those concerns have been addressed after a couple runs.

First when I pulled them out I noticed they were unlike any other Mizuno running shoe I have ever owned.  First, the toe was not angled up. This looked more like a throwback shoe, being very flat looking.

Second, looking at the bottom of the shoe I noticed that the treads did not appear to be as beefy as a Wave Rider, or a Wave Precision.

Third, the fabric overlays on the shoe were awesome looking, and more minimal. Thinking about all of these initial concerns I came to a conclusion.  These are a serious running shoe.

I love that they are very lightweight (Sayanora Pure Flow 2's LOL).  When I slipped these on for a run, I walked in them on a concrete floor, and felt as if they might be too thin.
I headed out for a quick road run . 100% hard surface. I have to say all of my concerns vanished when I started running in them. As thin as they seem, they provided more than adequate protection from stepping on rocks and debris.  I now feel as if this shoe can be a daily driver for shorter runs, and speed work.  This shoe will be in my rotation for my training for the 2013 Chicago Marathon. So I will provide more info as I log the miles.

Things I noticed during my run:
As flat as they seem, they still offered great support for my arches (which are normal).
They seem to breath as well if not better than the precision.  Lighter weight materials?
The minimal sole as compared to the precision's protected my feet when I landed on small rocks and other debris.
The flat profile, in conjunction with the reduced weight from a precision made them feel fast.  They were faster and felt comfortable to go fast.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/336046398

No comments:

Post a Comment